Speak Out 2017: A Conversation on Fair Housing - Transportation
The City of Columbia Community Development Dept. invites citizens and community leaders to discuss issues facing residents regarding transportation within the City.
- What Is Speak Out!?
- Speak Out is a quarterly conversation surrounding issues of Equal Opportunity within our community. Each conversation has a focus and this conversation will focus on transportation within the city: what’s working and what could be and should be improved.
- Who is invited to this event?
- Anyone who has a stake in Equal Opportunity and Transportation in our community is invited to Speak Out. Everyone deserves decent transportation, and transportation options, or lack thereof, affect citizens on many levels. From getting to and from a place of employment to getting groceries home before your ice cream melts, it’s important that everyone have the ability to get around as they need to.
- Why is the City hosting this event and why is the City hosting the Speak Out series?
- The City of Columbia Community Development department is mandated to delve into issues that face our citizens so that we can better understand how we can be of assistance to the most vulnerable of us. The Speak Out series aims to tackle the Impediments to Equal Opportunity and Fair Housing that we have identified through a study that we perform periodically. We cannot best serve the community without exploring the needs of the community and for that we need Citizens input.
Who: City of Columbia Community Development Department
What: Invites Citizens and Community Leaders to Attend a Free Breakfast Meeting/Conversation called “Speak Out!”
When: Thursday July 27th, 2017 at 8:30am
Where: The Empowerment Zones Lady Street Suites located at 1509 Lady Street in Columbia.
Upcoming Speak Out Events Include:
- October 2017 – Affordability
- January 2018 – Poor Credit History Preventing Homeownership Opportunities
- April 2018 – Concentration of Racial/Ethnic Segregation and Disability Discrimination
- Thank you for having us. For more information about Speak Out! A Conversation on Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity please contact the City of Columbia Community Development Department @ (803) 545-3373.