Welcome to the City of Columbia Municipal Court.
There are 3 DIVISIONS within the Municipal Court.
- The ADMINISTRATION DIVISION is responsible for the overall operation of the Court.
- The JUDICIAL DIVISION is responsible for scheduling cases and courtroom operations.
- The SUPPORT DIVISION oversees the payments of criminal, traffic and uniform ordinance fines, the payment and posting of bonds, the issuance of arrest warrants, search warrants and bench warrants, and all statistical and financial reports.
City of Columbia Municipal Court Judges conduct the following courts:
- CRIMINAL COURT - Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at 8:00 a.m.
- PRELIMINARY HEARINGS - Monday and Wednesday afternoons at 1:30 p.m.
- QUALITY OF LIFE COURT - Monday mornings at 8:00 a.m.
- CRIMINAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE COURT -Wednesday mornings at 8:00 a.m.
- JURY TRIALS - Monday through Thursday at 8:00 a.m. (approximately 24 4-day long terms annually)
- BOND Court for cases that originates in that part of the City of Columbia located in Richland County are held at the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center. Bond Court for cases that originate in that part of the City of Columbia located in Lexington County are held at the City of Columbia Municipal Court. Bond Court sessions are held twice a day every day.
For information on pending cases in the City of Columbia, please CLICK HERE and select Summary Court.
811 Washington Street
Columbia, South Carolina 29201
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Weekends and Holidays: 6:30 a.m. until 12:00 noon