The City is required to inspect certain industrial facilities on a routine basis to assess their compliance with federal and state water quality regulations as part of its NPDES stormwater permit. Below is guidance for such facilities.
- How does the City determine if a site needs to be inspected?
- My facility's mailing address is inside the City, but the facility is physically located outside the City. Does City staff need to inspect it?
- Will the City contact me prior to an inspection?
- What does the City inspector need to see at the facility?
- How often will the City inspect my facility?
- What should a facility do if they have problems with the S.C. DHEC NOI process?
- What other tips do you have for making sure the proper procedures are in place?