Approval | Rules | Punch Ticket
Companies can apply to have sanitary sewage accepted at the Metro Septage Receiving Station. For inquiries, call 545-3400.
Approved companies should follow these rules when transporting and dumping sanitary sewage:
- The station will accept waste during normal business hours. These hours are:
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
The station will be closed on all official City holidays.
- The service area for septic tank and portable toilet wastes will include the Columbia 201/ 208 service area as defined by the Central Midlands Council of Governments, all of Richland County and West Columbia.
- Industrial waste will be accepted only with prior written approval.
- Treatment fees and pH adjustment charges shall be in accordance with the City of Columbia Code of Ordinances, Article V, Chapter 23, Section 23-150, Discharge of Septic Tank Waste and any amendments thereto.
- Treatment and pH adjustment charges shall be paid by punch ticket only. Punch tickets can be purchased at the City's Utilities & Engineering Department located at 1136 Washington Street. Call (803) 545-3400 for more information.
- The discharge must conform to all requirements and limitations set forth in the City of Columbia Code of Ordinances, Article IV, Chapter 23, Wastewater Services and any amendments thereto.
- Appropriate business license(s) must be obtained from the City's Business License Department located at 1136 Washington Street. Call (803) 545-3345 for more information.
- Appropriate license(s) must be obtained from the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control's On-Site Waste Management Division. Contact Mr. Leonard Gordon at (803) 896-0646 for more information.
- Appropriate license(s) must be obtained from the Richland County Health Department. Contact Mr. Jasper Varn at (803) 576-2910 for more information.
Sewer Dump Ticket Fees
Punch tickets are only available from the Department of Utilities and Engineering. To purchase punch tickets:
- Purchase and pick them up In person at 1136 Washington Street, 7th floor.
- Order them over the phone:
- Call Special Services staff at (803) 545-3400 to purchase tickets.
- You will need a major credit card to purchase over the phone. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- Ticket purchases can be made during normal business hours. These hours are:
Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
The office will be closed on all official City holidays.
- Punch tickets ordered over the phone will be mailed to your business address within 5 working days of the order date. Orders made by the last working day of each week will be mailed before the last working day of the following week.
- A certified mail delivery charge of $6.00 will be included in the ticket purchase.
1136 Washington St.
Columbia, SC 29201
Get Adobe Reader