City of Columbia Logo CITY OF COLUMBIA
Envision Columbia Logo

Where do I go to fill out an employment application for the City of Columbia?

Apply at Human Resources Employment Office, 1225 Lady Street(corner of Lady and Sumter) from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Monday through Friday. A resume may be submitted with a fully completed application. Click here for more information.

Where can I find a Freedom of Information Request form?

The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is the law that allows individuals to gain access to public records. Learn more at South Carolina Code of Laws_Unannotated_Current through the end of the 2014 Session.
City of Columbia FOIA Office
1401 Main Street, Columbia, SC 29201 *All visitors should use the Washington Street side entrance
P: (803) 737-0000
F: (803) 737-4250

Which City Council district do I live in?

How can I obtain a pet license?
City ordinance requires all City residents to have their pets licensed annually. To obtain a license, owners must provide proof of vaccination as required by state law. License fees are reduced for pets which have been spayed or neutered. For more information, please call Columbia Animal Services at 803-776-PETS.

Where can I pay my parking tickets?
The City of Columbia Parking Services Department is now taking online payments for parking citations. Follow this link to the payment site:
Parking tickets are also issued with a convenient, easy-to-pay, return envelope. If you do not have the designated return envelope, please mail your payment to City of Columbia Parking, Post Office Box 7997, Columbia, South Carolina 29202-7997.
For more information, please visit the Parking Services page


Where can I view upcoming City events? 

Visit to view a list of upcoming events in the City. 

Where can I find information about special events/street closure requirements?

For  more information, please visit

How do I report a complaint or act of discrimination about the ADA (American with Disability Act)?

If you want to report an issue regarding accessibility to a City facility or believe you have been discriminated against because of your disability under the ADA, please contact the ADA Coordinator at 803-545-4265 or via email at [email protected]


How do I report a claim or an after-hours sewer back up or water line break? 

For any sewer back-up or water-line break issues, please contact Customer Care at 803-545-3300 or 1-800-845-2724, after hours. A live person will be available to take your call 24/7.
If you have a potential claim against the City of Columbia, please call Companion Property & Casualty at 803-735-0672 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays and weekends. *Companion Third Party Administrators, LLC*