If you found a stray animal:
- Please try to locate the owner on your own.
- See if the animal has a microchip by taking the found pet to a vet’s office, an animal shelter or a pet store. If they have a microchip, you can locate the owner and reunite the pet.
- Post flyers in the neighborhood you found the pet.
- Make a post on Nextdoor and other social media sites. Join Lost & Found groups to see if anyone has reported the pet missing.
- If you are unable to locate the owner, please bring the animal to our facility Monday–Friday from 8:30am – 5pm. There is no fee to surrender an animal, and there is no guarantee as to the disposition of any animal that is brought in.
If you lost a pet:
- View all animals in our custody at PetHarbor.com. Type in the zip code 29209 and chose the species of the animal you are trying to locate.
- If your pet is in our care or if you would like to see if your pet is in our care, please visit our facility Monday-Friday from 8:30am–5pm to conduct a walk through. A valid ID is required for a walk through.
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
127 Humane Lane
Columbia, South Carolina 29209
Victoria Riles, Superintendent
(803) 776-PETS (7387)