Have a voice.
The City of Columbia has a number of Boards and Commissions with which citizen participation is vital.
Joining one is one way citizens can volunteer and get involved with their city government. The boards and commissions serve mostly in an advisory capacity to various city departments. But some also hear appeals, provide expertise, advocate, and advise City Council. The Mayor and City Council seek diversity and balance in making appointment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
Current Openings: Application
- Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) - one (1) vacancy
- Board of Zoning Appeals Form Based Codes- five (5) vacancies
- Central Midlands Regional Transit Authority (The COMET) - one (1) vacancy
- Columbia Tree and Appearance Commission- three (3) vacancies
- Commercial Revolving Loan Fund Committee (CRLF) - one (1) vacancy for an individual with experience as an attorney
- Design/Development Review Commission (DDRC) - one (1) vacancy for an individual with experience as a city planner
- Food Policy Committee - four (4) vacancies
- Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports, & Tourism (MACST) - one (1) vacancy
- Transportation Penny Advisory Committee - one (1) vacancy
Please see the above links for more information on each board/committee/commission.