Have a voice.
The City of Columbia has a number of Boards and Commissions with which citizen participation is vital.
Joining one is one way citizens can volunteer and get involved with their city government. The boards and commissions serve mostly in an advisory capacity to various city departments. But some also hear appeals, provide expertise, advocate, and advise City Council. The Mayor and City Council seek diversity and balance in making appointment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
Current Openings: Application
- Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) - Seven (7) vacancies
- Board of Zoning Appeals (BOZA) - One (1) vacancy
- Central Midlands Council of Governments- Two (2) vacancies
- Columbia Prepares Advisory Committee- Seven (7) vacancies
- Columbia Tree and Appearance Commission (CTAC) - One (1) vacancy
- Housing Authority of the City of Columbia- One (1) vacancy for a Resident Commissioner
- Midlands Authority for Conventions, Sports, and Tourism (MACST) - One (1) vacancy
Please see the above links for more information on each board/committee/commission.