The penalty for renewing a 2021 Business License after 9/15/2021 is 30%.
Important Information from the City of Columbia Business License Division
Please note the important details below regarding 2021 Business License Renewals:
- The 2021 business license renewal deadline is April 15, 2021
- All in-city businesses must submit a copy of their 2020 IRS Tax Return and paid Business Personal Property Tax receipt along with the 2021 business license renewal application. If you have not yet filed a 2020 tax return, the following documents will be accepted:
- 2020 Income Statement
- 2020 Profit & Loss Statement
- 2020 Sales & Use Tax Report (retail businesses only)
- Prior Year 2019 IRS Tax Return (This is for estimates only. The 2020 tax return must be submitted once filed, and any necessary adjustments will be made prior to issuing the business license).
The Business License Division assists business owners in obtaining their business license as well as a multitude of other services. We issue permits for various events such as group events, single event permits, garage sales, busker permits, extended operating hours permits and vehicles for hire permits. This division administers the Business License Ordinance according to the law and enforces it in a reasonable and non-arbitrary manner to all who are subject to this ordinance.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 147, Columbia, SC 29217
Physical Address: 1339 Main Street (1st Floor), Columbia, SC 29201
Payment Drop Box: 1136 Washington Street, Columbia, SC 29201 (Right side of double doors)
Phone: 803-545-3345 | Fax: 803-988-8025
Office Hours: Mon-Fri - 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Email Address: [email protected]