- Flood-Related Information:
- Flood Repair Myths and Facts - Find out the real facts behind flood repair rumors you may have heard.
- Floodplain Manager Letter: Rebuilding Structures in the Floodway
- FEMA is revising FIRMS for portions of the City of Columbia in 2016. Find out more.
- Updated Floodplain Ordinance passed on June 16, 2015. For more information, see the Flooplain Ordinance Fact Sheet
If your property is located in part or in whole in an A zone (see City FIRMs: Find Your Risk), you may be able to reduce your flood insurance premium if you can file an Elevation Certificate that says your building is above the Base Flood Elevation (BFE).
To find out if your property has an Elevation Certificate, contact:
- Ali Khan
(803) 545 3400
The City of Columbia regulates new construction and significant improvements in its floodplain and floodways. Details on these regulations can be found in Ch. 21, Article III. Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance:
1136 Washington St.
Columbia, SC 29201
Office: (803) 545 3400