- to advise the City of Columbia Transportation Planning team, City Council Members, the Mayor and community organizations and partners on bicycling and pedestrian issues facing the city and to work toward the implementation of the Comprehensive Plan: Walk Bike Columbia and any subsequently adopted bicycle and pedestrian plans or policies;
- to represent community and constituent interests in transportation planning decisions faced by City Council;
- to provide feedback to staff on projects relating to walking and bicycling. City of Columbia staff will consider recommendations from the BPAC along with input from other members of the public during decision making; and
- to develop and implement initiatives with Council support to improve upon the bicycle and pedestrian culture of the City of Columbia.
The BPAC generally meets the second Monday of every month. Meetings are open to the public.
In the interest of public health, meetings of the BPAC will be held virtually until normal City operations return. Instructions on how to access the online meeting are provided within the agenda below. As this is an ever-evolving situation, please continue to monitor https://columbiasc.gov/ for additional information.
It is the policy of the City of Columbia that all City-sponsored public meetings and events are accessible to people with disabilities. If you need assistance in participating in this meeting or event due to a disability as defined under the ADA, please call the City’s ADA Coordinator at (803) 545-3009 or e-mail [email protected] as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled meeting or event to request an accommodation.
Upcoming Local Events
- Monday, April 12, 2021 at 4:30pm - BPAC virtual meeting
- Bike & Pedestrian Counts
- Tuesday, April 20, 7:30-9:30am, various locations
- Wednesday, April 21, 7:30-9:30am, various locations
- Thursday, April 22, 7:30-9:30am, various locations
- Saturday, April 24, 10:00am – 12:00pm, various locations
- Tuesday, April 27, 7:30-9:30am, various locations
- Wednesday, April 28, 7:30-9:30am, various locations
- Thursday, April 29, 7:30-9:30am, various locations
- Saturday, May 1, 10:00am – 12:00pm, various locations
- May 10, 2021, at 4:30pm - BPAC meeting, location TBD
- June 14, 2021, at 4:30pm - BPAC meeting, location TBD
Projects & Initiatives
Helpful Links & Documents
- Will Baker, Co-Chair (September 2023)
- Cynthia Watson, Co-Chair (March 2022)
- Pamela Bynoe-Reed (December 2022)
- Christina Galardi (October 2022)
- Chase Keibler (March 2022)
- George Kokolis (March 2022)
- Betsy Newman (December 2022)
- Rachel Thomason (December 2022)
- Chrys Zouras (November 2020)