Eau Claire Historic Resources Survey
About the Survey:
Picking up where the Bryan Survey left off in 1993, this architectural survey is intended to capture information related to historic resources in the north part of the city, documenting buildings that were constructed prior to 1975, mostly in areas that have never before been surveyed. This information will be used for planning, preservation, and promotion of the city’s historic resources, in an effort to retain those resources that are important to understanding the built environment of Columbia. The neighborhoods that have been surveyed are Windemere Springs, College Place, North College Place, and Colonial Park (west of the train tracks only).
Contact Rachel Walling, Senior Preservation Planner, with any questions regarding the survey.
Columbia Compass: Envision 2036
The City of Columbia is conducting research on the community's population, natural resources, land use, transportation, housing, community facilities, cultural resources and economy. Through this research and public involvement during the planning process, a vision for Columbia will be defined and strategies will be developed for implementation during the ten-year period.
The Columbia Compass is the comprehensive plan – or “blueprint” – for how Columbia, South Carolina will grow and develop over the next ten years.
What are we asking you to do?
- Come tell us what you think! Identical interactive public meetings have been scheduled throughout the City:
- November 13, 2018, Pinehurst Park Community Center, 2300 Pinehurst Road, 6pm
- November 14, 2018, Woodland Park Community Center, 6500 Olde Knight Parkway, 6pm
- November 14, 2018, Arsenal Hill Community Center, 1800 Lincoln Street, 6pm
- November 15, 2018, Eau Claire Print Building, 3907 Ensor Avenue, 6pm
- November 26, 2018, Columbia Fire Department Station #16, 131 Lake Murray Boulevard, 6pm
- November 27, 2018, Greenview Park Community Center, 6700 David Street, 6pm
- November 27, 2018, Heathwood Park Neighborhood Center, 800 Abelia Road, 6pm
- November 28, 2018, Emily Douglas Park Neighborhood Center, 2500 Wheat Street, 6pm
- November 29, 2018, The Members Club at Woodcreek, 300 Club Ridge Road, 6pm
- December 6, 2018, Woodland Park Community Center, 6500 Olde Knight Parkway, 6pm
- Stay tuned on Facebook and Twitter @ColaCompass
- Visit our website and sign up for our email list
- Tell your family, friends, & neighbors!