ELMWOOD PARK ARCHITECTURAL CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Elmwood Park retains its historic character as a turn-of-the-century neighborhood developed during a period of major suburban growth in Columbia. There was scattered development in the area starting around 1872, but the bulk of what would become the neighborhood was used as fairgrounds until 1903. The architecture of the district includes Queen Anne, Four-Square, Colonial Revival, and Craftsman influenced bungalows etc., and many of the houses were built between 1900 and 1940. The neighborhood was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1991, and was designated a local Architectural Conservation District in 1988.